Reduce single-use plastic and meet hygiene expectations without compromising the guest experience and without the price tag of a consultant.
The 3-phase approach in the manual has been specifically designed to do the hard work for you, saving you significant time and costs so that you can get on with making a positive difference.
- Quickly and easily monitor how much plastic is consumed by your business and how much it costs with our monthly, quarterly or annual spreadsheet, pre-formatted to save you time.
- Use our Self-Assessment Checklist for your own business to make sure you capture all of the places single-use plastic is used, especially those that aren't so obvious like tea bags or VIP gift sets
- Feel confident to make changes after reading the Let's Reduce Single-Use Guide - packed full of inspiration and practical ideas for a range of accommodation types, budgets and guest demographics (updated and emailed to you annually at no extra cost)
- Create plastic reduction ambassadors amongst staff with our detailed workshop templates and powerpoint presentations designed to engage staff whilst saving you significant preparation time
- Keep our TOP TIPS documents handy, they are particularly useful for your purchasing department to help them understand whether alternatives really are as green as they seem!
- Use our Standard Operating Procedures to help reduce single-use plastic whilst keeping staff and guests safe
- Communicate your sustainability initiatives more confidently with our Sustainable Communications Guide
- Incease your sustainability profile with our Communications Guide - perfect for marketing and social media teams
- Stay up to date with new alternatives hitting the market via our newsletter
Let's Reduce Single-Use Manual and Toolkit
At IHG we are committed to reducing our environmental footprint and seeking out more sustainable solutions. A core part of this commitment is helping our colleagues to better understand the options that enable them to make more environmentally-friendly choices. The “Let’s Reduce Single-Use Toolkit” has been a useful way to help our procurement team to expand their knowledge, and in-turn support our hotel brands to make buying choices that have a more positive impact on both our operations and the environment.
Laura Simmonds, Head of Responsible Procurement, IHG.
Sharing this Toolkit in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
If your hotel/accommodation is part of a wider group or chain, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about reduced rates.